As I've mentioned before, the medicine cabinet in our bathroom is just about empty. However, the items that would 'virtually' constitute its contents are, for the most part, found in my kitchen :D
1) Honey - Makes a revitalizing 10-minute facial.
2) Honey & Egg Whites - Can be used as a healing balm on serious burns. Helps to prevent scarring.
3) Egg Yolks - Two of them mixed with a tsp. of cider vinegar make a great conditioning/shampoo. Apply to dry hair and allow to sit under a plastic cap for 10-20 minutes. Rinse in cool water.
4) Lemon - Squeezed into a glass of water is an excellent stomach alkalizer.
5) Baking Soda - Is another good alkalizer. Stops indigestion discomfort almost immediately and counters the effects of over-caffeinization. Also used in cleansing hair and scalp and to remove splinters.
6) Garlic - Effective antibiotic that will ward off the common cold if taken raw at the first sign of a scratchy throat. Also helps to thin the blood and to lower blood pressure.*
7) Thyme - Brewed as a tea with a spot of honey or made into a broth with sliced onions will help relieve respiratory congestion and coughing.
8) Chamomile - A truly relaxing tea. Also makes a soothing eye-wash for tired eyes or any minor infection.
9) Rosemary - Brewed as a tea, it makes an excellent hair and scalp tonic. Said to stimulate hair growth.
10) Aloe Vera - The best all-around healer/protector both inside and out (just don't mix up the respective potions!)
*CAUTION: These remedies are effective by themselves, when taken by a generally healthy person, but may interact negatively with any prescribed medications.